The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said that they had not yet received permission to visit the site of the terrorist attack against Ukrainian prisoners of war in Yelenovka. About it writes Reuters, citing a committee statement.
“So far we have not received official confirmation granting us access to visit the site or prisoners of war affected by the attack, and to date our offer of material assistance has not been accepted,” the statement said.
Join us on Facebook and take part in discussions
On Sunday, August 31, Russia invited experts from the United Nations and the Red Cross to investigate the incident, the agency said.
Red Cross teams were already ready to go to Yelenovka, and medical, forensic and humanitarian teams were already nearby.
“It is imperative that the ICRC be given immediate access to the Yelenovka facility and other places where the wounded and the dead could be transported to carry out our humanitarian mission,” the ICRC said.
The committee added that it is not the function or mandate of the ICRC to conduct public inquiries into alleged war crimes.
- An explosion occurred in the prisoner of war camp in Yelenovka, as a result of which, according to data Office of the Prosecutor General, about 40 Ukrainian soldiers were killed, another 130 were injured. By data SBU, the Russians could have staged a terrorist attack by detonating explosives planted in the premises of the colony. At the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense reportedthat the massacre of Ukrainian prisoners of war was carried out by Wagner PMC mercenaries on the personal command of the Russian oligarch Yevgeny Prigozhin.
- Red Cross requested access to the prisoner of war camp in Yelenovka. The UN promises to help investigation of the terrorist attack in Yelenovkathe Russian Federation says – invited experts.
Subscribe to LIGA.net newsletters – only the main thing in your mail
If you notice a spelling mistake, select it with the mouse and press Ctrl+Enter.