Pineapples, which have healing powers in many ways ranging from digestion to bacterial infections, and are unique in that they contain bromelain, have many beneficial properties for human health. Below is the nutritional value of pineapples and their benefits.
Pineapples, a rich source of nutrients, contain a unique compound called bromelain, an enzyme that breaks down protein.
Bromelain is recommended in all cases where protein digestion is disturbed and insufficient gastric enzymes are secreted. It is also known for its ability to dissolve blood clots, which is why it is used in the treatment of heart disease. Along with this, it effectively dissolves mucus that accumulates in the sinuses. In addition, it is used in the treatment of urinary tract diseases with antibiotics, as it enhances their effect. However, there are publications that bromelain may be useful in the treatment of patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Before bromelain was known, pineapple was used to relieve the symptoms of colds, indigestion, and sore throats. Freshly squeezed pineapple juice effectively treats a sore throat.
In addition, pineapple contains a large amount of vitamin C. Thus, a slice of pineapple satisfies about 30% of the daily requirement for it. The exotic fruit is a natural anti-inflammatory agent.
Pineapple is considered a superfruit and is a real storehouse of vitamins, consisting mainly of vitamin C and water. In addition, the fruit is an excellent source of manganese, as well as other minerals and vitamins such as copper, thiamine, and folic acid.
The richness of pineapple in terms of nutritional value brings great benefits to human health. It has been proven to strengthen the immune system and help fight bacterial and viral infections in a shorter time. Especially effective for bronchitis, sinusitis, as well as mild inflammation of the respiratory system. It is an excellent source of antioxidants that increase the ability of cells to defend themselves against inflammatory processes.
Ten benefits of pineapple
The most widely known health benefits of pineapple, which has been the subject of over three thousand studies, are:
– Reduces blood pressure due to sodium and potassium in its composition
– Natural diuretic. Helps remove toxins and fluid from the body. Helps reduce body volume and has an anti-cellulite effect
– Helps reduce the risk of arthritis, sinusitis, sore throat. Serves as a natural anti-inflammatory agent
– Improves liver function
– Improves digestive functions, prevents the formation of harmful microorganisms in the intestines, destroys parasites
– Accelerates the healing of the skin in case of damage.
– Promotes the absorption of iron, therefore it is recommended for people suffering from anemia
– Saturates the body with moisture, has a positive effect on skin health
– Combats cell aging with powerful antioxidant action
– Recommended for diabetics as it helps regulate blood sugar levels