News

Lists of dead Ukrainian soldiers in the colony in Yelenovka partially confirmed – “Azov”

There is no exact list of victims yet.

Lists of Ukrainian defenders who died as a result of the explosion of the colony in Yelenovka, partially confirmed. However, a complete and accurate list of victims is not yet available.

This information was shared by the former commander of the MTR “Azov” Maxim Zhorin in a comment “Suspilny”.

“There are partial lists that have been posted publicly, at the moment they are partially confirmed. But we can also say with confidence that they are not complete … Now, unfortunately, we do not have clear lists of the dead and wounded. It is very difficult for loved ones and relatives waiting to return [бойцов] home that are in such limbo right now. But Russia does not provide any official lists,” Zhorin said.

According to the former commander of “Azov”, the transfer of prisoners of war took place shortly before the explosion. He received confirmation of the transfer of Ukrainian defenders.

“Most likely, this room was blown up by previously prepared means. It was not an “arrival”. Now, even from aerospace images, it is very clearly visible that there are no traces of “arrivals” and artillery work on the territory. blown up from the inside,” Zhorin added.

Terrorist attack in Yelenovka: main details

As UNIAN reported earlier, on the night of July 29, an explosion occurred on the territory of a former penal colony in the town of Yelenovka in the temporarily occupied territory of the Donetsk region. As a result, the building was destroyed, which contained Ukrainian prisoners of war, withdrawn from the Azovstal plant.

Immediately after the explosion, Russia accused the Armed Forces of Ukraine of shelling the penal colony. According to the Russian side, more than 50 Ukrainian defenders were killed, the number of wounded is unknown. Ukrainian law enforcement agencies said that the explosion in Yelenovka was Russian terrorist act in order to conceal war crimes, discredit the Armed Forces of Ukraine and disrupt the supply of weapons. They demand that the United Nations and the International Committee of the Red Cross immediately respond to the terrorist attack and send an inspection mission to the territory of the colony.

According to Ukrainian intelligence, act of terrorism was committed mercenaries from the PMC “Wagner” (League) on the personal instructions of the nominal owner of the specified PMC – Evgeny Prigozhin.

In connection with the terrorist attack in Yelenovka, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky noted the need a clear legal recognition of Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism.

Earlier, the Main Intelligence Directorate reported that there was no reason to trust the lists of the dead, which were published on the Internet.

You may also be interested in the news:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button