The European Court of Human Rights can pay compensation to Ukrainians who suffered from Russian aggression. How to apply for payments – read on UNIAN.
Citizens of Ukraine who have suffered from Russian aggression can receive payments from the ECtHR in the amount of 5,000 to 30,000 euros. To do this, you need to apply on the website of the organization. The application processing term is up to one year.
Payments to Ukrainians from the ECtHR: who is entitled to compensation
The right to compensation is available to people who, due to Russian aggression, have faced the killing of loved ones, injury or torture, illegal detention or destruction of property. Broken windows in a car or apartment are also a reason to go to court.
If a relative has suffered from the war, then you can apply instead of him if the victim cannot submit it on his own.
How to apply for payments
To receive payments, you must submit an application to the European Court of Human Rights within four months from the moment you suffered from Russian aggression, but no later than January 16, 2023.
- Fill out the form on site organizations.
- Download the document to your computer, print it out, put it in an envelope and stick the address of the ECtHR on it (it will be generated automatically when filling out the application on the website).
- Send the application to the specified address in one of the branches of Ukrposhta (the service is free for the sender).
If you have technical problems when filling out an application (for example, the code does not come to your phone), please contact the support of the ECHR website: email@example.com
If you have additional questions about compensation, you can contact the branch of the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union in your city. For this:
- go to link;
- click “Reception” – “View branch”;
- select the desired city and get contacts for communication.